Our website address is: http://www.therelationshiphub-northwest.org or http://www.therelationshiphub.org
At The Relationship Hub, we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about how we collect your data, how we store it and what we do with it.
The Relationship Hub is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as a data controller with the number Z773727. Full details of this listing can be seen on the Information Commissioner’s Office website. Our registered charity number is 1104892 and our company number is 4697545 (registered in England and Wales).
This privacy notice, along with our website lets you know how we collect, use and keep your personal information safe.
What information do we collect about you?
Information you give to us directly
We will collect and store information that you give us when you do the following things on our website(s):
- Make an enquiry
- Give us feedback or make a complaint
- Apply for a job or work with us
- Enter into a contract with us
Information you give to us indirectly
- We store information about how you navigate our website, although this cannot be used to personally identify you.
- We may also collect and store your personal information if you interact with us on our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This will depend on your own privacy settings on these individual channels, so make sure you check these first.
Depending on what you do on our website, we may collect and store the following types of personal information: name, email address, date of birth, mobile or telephone number, relationship status, gender, sexual orientation, financial details, credit/debit card information, details about your education and career.
Certain types of personal information are recognised by data protection law as being more ‘sensitive’. So things like sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or political opinion, data concerning your health (mental or physical) or your sex life fall into this category.
The Relationship Hub will only collect sensitive information like this where it informs the provision of the service to you. Whenever we do this, we will state clearly at the time, why this information is required. We may also gather sensitive personal information if you choose to share your experiences with us for a case study, but we will only do this with your explicit consent.
If you’re a young person aged 13 or under
You must get the permission of your parent/guardian before providing The Relationship Hub with any personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information to do the following:
- Provide you with information, products or services you’ve requested or that we feel might be of interest to you.
- Make our marketing campaigns more targeted and relevant to potential clients and donors; we will only send you marketing information if you have given us specific consent to do so.
- Respond to direct requests where you contact us with a query – we will use your personal information to respond.
- Carry out general administrative tasks like dealing with complaints and feedback, essential record-keeping.
- Transact: we will use your personal information to take payments from you when processing orders and payments for goods and services.
- Keep you safe: in the event that we reasonably think you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
- Conduct polls, surveys and market research: we may invite you to take part so that we can improve our website, services and/or strategic development.
- Monitoring and evaluation: we use your personal information to inform and develop our service delivery.
- Process applications to work at The Relationship Hub: for example, if you fill in an application form or send us your CV or send us information speculatively in respect of possible contract opportunities.
For how long will we keep your personal information?
At The Relationship Hub, we are committed to retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was first collected. This is in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Relationship Hub may hold some types of data for up to seven years.
For example, in the case of financial transactions like donations and purchases, we will keep your personal information for as long as legally required in respect of tax or accounting purposes, which could be anything up to six years after a transaction has taken place.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained in the first place. We won’t share it with any third parties and you won’t receive any communications from other organisations.
However, there are two very explicit ways in which your data might be shared:
- In the event that we use third party suppliers to help deliver our services, fundraising activities and campaigns. For example, should we use an email marketing service for sending you relevant information.
- Where we are legally bound to disclose your personal information, for example, to further criminal investigation or to keep you safe if we believe you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Keeping your personal information safe
We have both digital and operational safeguards to make sure your data is secure at The Relationship Hub. Access to information is reviewed on a regular basis and limited to those people who actually need to access it, and are assigned the permission to do so.
The Relationship Hub uses an online web-form to collect contact information which is protected by secure end-to-end encryption. We do not use our website to collect credit card details.
The Relationship Hub is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant and uses PCI compliant providers to process credit card payments ; we don’t store this data on our own systems.
There are, however, inherent risks to passing information over public networks and The Relationship Hub cannot 100% guarantee the security of data handled in this way.
Your rights and managing your own data
You have the right to request access to the personal information that The Relationship Hub stores and processes about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the information we hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether.
We will not charge you for either considering or complying with a request unless it is deemed to be excessive in nature. We will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing email@example.com. Or if you prefer, you can make the request in writing to: Data Protection Officer, The Relationship Hub, 9 Parkhills Road, Bury BL9 9AU.
How to make a complaint
If you’re unhappy with our response, you may then raise your concern directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Alternatively you can visit the ICO website.
The Relationship Hub is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller under number Z7737327
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to see if we have included any updates or changes, and that you are happy with them.
(Last updated: 08 August 2018)
Cookies are little text files downloaded by and stored on your device (phone, laptop, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to help the website owner (in this case, The Relationship Hub) to provide you with a smooth experience while you browse.
- Make our website work
- Collect anonymous data to gain insight into how visitors use our website
- Help us show advertisements about our services to those people who might be interested in them
- Allow you to share content with social networks like Twitter and Facebook.